The Time, if you were curious.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Dedication To Corey

The following is a poem dedication to a very talented young man, a man I was beginning to get to know but who was taken too long before was fair. The poem was written by Melissa Muth, a friend of a friend.
A Poem Dedicated to Corey Bobb
By: Melissa Muth

There once was this man named Corey Bobb.
The fact that he died today makes me sob.

He was a performer unlike any other.
The loss of him will be hard to recover.

I know I was just the shadow in each show,
But I got to watch Corey’s acting skills grow.

He put so much passion in each and every role.
The audience’s hearts is what he stole.

As an actor, his work was fantastic!
That man was sooooo dramatic!

He was loved by family and friends.
He was a good friend to the very end.

Who could ever forget his famous Gollum voice?
Now that is something to truly rejoice!

He was an excellent singer and I will miss him in choir.
Damn he knew how to set Aagard’s attitude on fire!

Never was there someone so funny and sarcastic.
Hell I never thought he could be more spastic!

For a dude he sure knew how to have a great time.
He’d sing for his own musings and to entertain others on a dime.

For a guy he was most noble and kind.
He cared for others and put them ahead in his mind.

He protected those he loved and respected.
He did honorable things that I’d never suspected.

I think everyone would agree that he was a good man.
However, him suddenly leaving us was not part of the plan.

Life will never be the same.
Everything seems dull and lame.

Corey I salute you sir for everything that you are.
It will be nice to look up at the sky and see you as a star.

Corey Bobb was precious to each and every one of us.
He wouldn’t want us to grieve or fuss.

So we thank you Corey Bobb for touching our lives.
Thank you for giving us a reason to strive.

I hope you are happy on the other side.
You were a great friend and much more besides.

Corey's passing served as a reminder to me that we all have a chance of leaving before we're ready, so make every day count.

No comments: